Pages

Saturday, July 8, 2017

NovaFirefly/Leighanne's latest mental explosion

Good evening!  It's been a long week here in MD, and will be an earlier morning tomorrow for a work meeting.  However, I don't blog to talk about work, I do it to have an reprieve from everyday life.

Lots of things on the brain that will hopefully be on the horizon for the next year or so.  I want to contribute to the 18 inch world (as well as the 16" AGFAT and 14" Welliewisher/Hearts 4Hearts), in a unique way that I haven't really seen being done before.  I don't want to go into anymore detail than that, as I have quite a few ideas, but I am looking forward to seeing what my crazy brain can dream up.  I need the creative outlet to feel as though I've accomplished something.  I want to do it in other ways too though.

Jaclyn from Little House of American Girl kinda inspired me, though I'm not sure she'd see it that way, lol.  She thought she was getting away from dolls... and somehow, ended up starting a brand new photostory this week.  I know it's not the same thing... but knowing how much she loves writing, and how much I loved it when I was younger, combined with crafting and the like... I am finally going to start creating the world in my brain around the crafts and ideas I love.

My dolls will be the inspirations for the characters (it will also give me incentive to make new guys?), and the crochet crafts I am starting to work on creating patterns for will be the basis for the town.  But, I want to do so much more than that.

I think Hannah from Never Grow Up Dolls was a big inspiration as well.  She has started writing a fiction novel, and I have delighted in seeing the details she posts about.  I long to create, and while I don't know that I have any new ideas, I'm hoping I can spin a few that are interesting to read and draw others into the world.

I don't think it will be higher than teen/young adult level... but then, I am an adult, so I suppose the story will draw me along, teasing me with its tale.

I think I might be going a little crazy with all of the ideas in my brain... but I'm ripe with ideas, and bursting to start employing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment